CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

surreal morning

Let me start with last night. I pick up Logan and he smiles at me. Guess what the little man has missing? A TOOTH!! I couldn't believe it!! All his friends were loosing teeth, but him! Man, what drama a parent goes through when those teeth come in: LOTS of Motrin, sleepless nights, chewing on anything & everything, tons of drool, crying in pain and then ... they fall out! What's up with that?

We get into the apartment and there is a constant beep and a voice saying, "low battery". For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it was or where it was coming from. It was the mater bedroom smoke detector. I make the kiddos dinner then go into the bedroom to replace the batteries. It's taped shut. I push the button on the front and the fire alarm goes off throughout the apartment and the voice starts saying, "FIRE!" If you haven't seen kids in a panic before, I just have to say, it was a little funny. I'm up on this chair with the siren blaring in my ear and this ladies voice yelling, "FIRE!" Then it goes to the carbon monoxide detector. Ugh. Same drill. I told Logan I accidentally pushed the wrong button then tried calling maintenance, but had the wrong number. All night Logan kept asking, "But Mom, what if there IS a fire tonight? The smoke detector isn't working properly and it won't warn us". Well, the beeping didn't stop and the ladies voice saying, "low battery" every time it beeped was a constant reminder to him there was a potential danger. Needless to say, we all slept in the kids room with pillows over our heads.

This morning we were running a little late (gee ... wonder why). We drop Addi off first. She CRIED! She NEVER cries once she's at KinderCare and sees all her girlfriends. Logan and I stayed for 20 minutes while she tried to gain composure to play with the other kids.

As Logan and I were getting closer to his school, we pass a cute little Mini Cooper. We comment on it and Logan says, "I think that's my friend's dad's car". We get to school 5 minutes later. I drop him off and head back out the same road I came in. Well, at the intersection where we saw his friend's dad's Mini Cooper there were 5 fire trucks, 2 ambos and some police. The intersection was closed. As they let a few cars pass one at a time. I took a glance to see what was going on. It was Logan's friend's dad. The car was totalled, they had gotten out the white sheet and were walking over to the car. A road sign was through the car. I felt so sick to my stomach. WE JUST PASSED HIM 10 minutes prior.

THEN ... yes, there's more ... I go back towards my apartment to get on the freeway. The major road was completely shut down & traffic was a disaster! I take a minute to call Mark to see if he insures that Mini and to tell him about the accident. I guess he was a few cars behind me and saw it too. Then I tell him about Deer Valley being shut down. He said it was an elementary school kid who crossed the road. He was hit and killed.

My heart just sank.

Not sure how to transition here onto a lighter note ...

Tonight I am getting my hair cut. SHORTER! I have to tell you, CB and I would never work out if he didn't like short hair! He WANTS me to go shorter - I just looove it & his support in my crazy fettish of hair! Maybe I'll have him take some pictures this weekend and post them.

To answer Emily S: Yes, babe! Of course I'll post pictures from this weekend's photo shoot! The outtakes I'm sure will be super funny!

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

I can't wait - and I must see pictures of your hair cut! You always looked so cute with short hair. I don't think I have seen any pictures of CB yet.

Emily S. said...

That is crazy!

Agnes said...

Wow...CRAZY day!