HOLLISTER, CALIFORNIA?!
Most of you who read my blog know me pretty well and know I'm a Cali girl - born and raised. I've seen the trendy, preppy kids wearing Hollister tees and I've walked by the store several times. There is a surf board in front of the store that reads, "Surf Hollister, CA". I've always thought it was funny because I grew up an hour outside of Hollister, CA. You know what's there??? FARMS, Casa De Fruta (yuuuum) and really good 4wheeling. It's where my brother and I used to go to 4wheeling. The closest beach? Moss Landing - about an hour west. Anyway, I finally stopped into the store and they do have SUPER cute clothes, good loud surf music and live video of Huntington Beach. I just thought it was funny.
Speaking of California - I am getting home sick! I haven't been home since March. I am also getting the summer bug! I looove Arizona and the warm weather. The perfect temp for me? 100, at least! Logan and Addi are definitely summer kids too! It's a constant battle to get them to wear something other than flip flops. Yesterday we were watching Jack Johnson on youtube and the kids were asking when we could go to the beach. Jack Johnson makes me think of the beach too! I have fond memories of driving my faded-red Chevy Sprint to Santa Cruz with my surf board on top of my roof, loud music blaring and the windows down. Little surf shops, THE yummiest Mexican dives along the beach and laying out in the warm sand, listening to the waves crash. Oh ... to be 16 again!!
Okay, enough down memory lane! It's still December and we have a few more months until it warms back up again ... ;)
Have a wonderful day!
Most of you who read my blog know me pretty well and know I'm a Cali girl - born and raised. I've seen the trendy, preppy kids wearing Hollister tees and I've walked by the store several times. There is a surf board in front of the store that reads, "Surf Hollister, CA". I've always thought it was funny because I grew up an hour outside of Hollister, CA. You know what's there??? FARMS, Casa De Fruta (yuuuum) and really good 4wheeling. It's where my brother and I used to go to 4wheeling. The closest beach? Moss Landing - about an hour west. Anyway, I finally stopped into the store and they do have SUPER cute clothes, good loud surf music and live video of Huntington Beach. I just thought it was funny.
Speaking of California - I am getting home sick! I haven't been home since March. I am also getting the summer bug! I looove Arizona and the warm weather. The perfect temp for me? 100, at least! Logan and Addi are definitely summer kids too! It's a constant battle to get them to wear something other than flip flops. Yesterday we were watching Jack Johnson on youtube and the kids were asking when we could go to the beach. Jack Johnson makes me think of the beach too! I have fond memories of driving my faded-red Chevy Sprint to Santa Cruz with my surf board on top of my roof, loud music blaring and the windows down. Little surf shops, THE yummiest Mexican dives along the beach and laying out in the warm sand, listening to the waves crash. Oh ... to be 16 again!!
Okay, enough down memory lane! It's still December and we have a few more months until it warms back up again ... ;)
Have a wonderful day!
3 comments:
Since living in CA i've always just had to laugh at that store... :) Hollister, where the artichokes grow! :)
I must be getting old... that store is too loud, too crowded and don't even think about getting a stroller in there :) hee hee!
Happy New Year!
you make me want to put on my swim suit right now!!! OH the sand and the surf and the heat. Bring it on
oh you make me want to put on my swim suit right now. OH the sand and the surf and the heat - Bring It On!!!
Post a Comment