CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

fall in the desert

How can you tell it's Fall in the desert? When the hottest part of the day is under 100-degrees. It's been so nice lately; 70's in the mornings, 80-90 during the day and the evenings cool off very quickly! Kids are playing at the parks again, families taking evening walks after dinner, sunroofs open and convertible tops down ... I am looooving it!

On Tuesday night, we stopped by Becky's to pick up her new book and the layouts she did from some pictures I had taken. NICE WORK, Becky!! The book is amazing! Addi was BEYOND excited to see Porter. It was a long day and Logan was super hungry, so we couldn't stay long. We were bummed to leave and just super tired from such a long day, but Addi has made me PROMISE we'll go back soon to play with her buddy Porter.


I've been a little busy at work with a few projects so I haven't been able to blog since Monday, but I had THE best time dropping off the kids at school the other morning ... I just have to share!

Each kiddo has a 30 minute car ride to school and on their way to school, they get to choose the music. This was on Tuesday morning:

Logan usually chooses the Now 25 CD or Kids Bop. We had fun with the sunroof open and windows down, blasting his favorite songs from the Now 25 CD. He was so cool with his retro shades, bopping his head along to the hip hop music! He's such a cool kid! Then it's Addi's turn. She usually picks Jack Johnson (that's my girl). But on Tuesday, she wanted to sing some songs she has learned from school. So for her half hour we sang: B-I-N-G-O, "the turtle song", The Ants Go Marching and Speckled Frogs ... a few times each. We had so much fun and it was such a special car ride for ME. I really enjoyed singing these silly songs with her. She's such a fun girl and at such a special age!


We are blessed with special moments in life and I honestly believe you have to make sure you stop and take time to enjoy these simple, special moments with your children. I can already see they pass so quickly!

Mark has the kids this weekend. I am already missing them! They are leaving for Disneyland tonight and meeting up with the Schlegel's for a family weekend. The kids are super excited; Logan can't wait to ride the Star Wars ride and Addi is looking forward to the new Nemo ride! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Tonight is date night for CB and I. We have Costco and grocery shopping. We're making an effort to get back the Eating for Life "diet". So instead of our weekly PF Chang dinner, we're making a yummy, healthy homemade meal. Kristi got me hooked a while ago and I SWEAR by it! The increased energy is AMAZING (just by eating healthier) and that baby fat? GONE in a matter of weeks!!


This weekend is a Reed Family Reunion Breakfast(CB's mom's side) and Edgefest. CB grew up with Tom Linton of Jimmy Eat World. I've met the Linton parents and one of the brothers, Jim (who the band is named after), but it will be fun to see them live and going their thing on stage. Dason and Danelle are also going. Can't wait!!

We're finally on the same parenting schedule. Yay! Angela (CB's ex wife) was nice enough to switch weekends. Now we have two weekends in a row of no kids. When you're a working, single parent and trying to date, it's hard to find time (physically and emotionally) to give to another person. We feel so lucky we get every other weekend alone to get to know each other better.

2 comments:

Agnes said...

If Jim is the brother to married to Myla Linton...they were in our last ward. They are an awsome family. We had two Linton Families in our last ward. His dad served in our Stake presidency. I went in to renew my temple reccomend, before the actual interview we were talking before he started to interview me...he had me tell him a little about myself. Then I don't know how we got on the subject but, he asked if I had heard of the band one of his sons was in (Jimmy Eat World) I had NO CLUE and said" I don't think I've ever heard of it, maybe my husband has". Then I mentioned it to Tim later that day and he's like, "Ag, you've never heard of them? It's like the best band!" I'm such a dork!

Unknown said...

Jim IS married to Myla! Ha! Small world!!

In fact, the first time I met Bro and Sister Linton, the first thing they said was, "You remind us of our daughter-in-law, Myla". Funny. I've never met her.

What do you think?? ;)