I am so thankful for my friends! I've been thinking about them a lot lately and how much I appreciate them in my life. Each one plays a different role and has their own talents. My parents always encouraged me to surround myself with good people. CB and I talk about it often as well. We like to keep friends that we would like to emulate. Friends who lift us up and make us want to be better people.
Each one of these friends you see on the left is a REAL friend to me. I check their blogs each day and enjoy reading about their adventures in life, love and kids. Some of them are from California. Some of them live down the street from me. Some of them I used to see every day, a few times a day and talked to ALL day and some of them I grew up with! I loooove these friends and just don't know how I'd go through life without them!
Adam and Lauren - I grew up with Lauren. She was in the "in" crowd. You know, one of those girls you wished you could be like. Confident, fun and beautiful!
Amanda - My boss' daughter. Although we've never met in person, we talk over the phone and email each week - a few times a week! We have a lot in common and I enjoy our conversations. Some day we'll run a marathon together.
Brian and Erin - We were in the same ward together in Peoria. Erin's a VERY talented writer for a few different publishers and an amazing photographer. She always knows exactly what to say and how to say it! Not sure how she remains so sane (and BEAUTIFUL I might add) while raising 4 little girls. She always seems so calm and in control AND always has a smile on her face!
Cam and Becky - I grew up with Becky. When my parents joined the church when I was 7, Becky and I became best friends and remained that way for THE longest time! My family still considers her a member of our family. Our paths have crossed a few times since leaving our tiny little town of Turlock.
Chris and Hilary - I grew up with Hilary. Again, I've known her since we were 7. She's a very talented dancer and always had the coolest friends! She was the typical cheerleader (bubbly, pretty and outgoing) and honestly, I think all the bumps we ever had in our relationship were of jealousy. Even with those "bumps", we've always remained friends and supportive of one another!
Curtiss and Jessika - MY BABY BROTHER and his wife! Enough said.
David and Becky - Oh my. Becky. She's one of my famous friends! Becky is extremely talented and a celebrity in the scrap booking world. I know her as Becky - my friend who makes YUMMY dinners, gives great advice, dresses so cute, takes amazing pictures and always knows the right thing to say.
Drew and Karolyn - Kar and I hit it off from the first time we met. We met through mutual friends (Trina and Becky) and can I just say, I LOVE THIS GIRL! Full of wisdom. An amazing mommy.
Jake and Shay - Jake and CB grew up together. I met them through CB and Ricky and Kristi. Shay is hilarious and just beautiful. Jake is a real sweetheart and such a great hubby.
Jared and Alyssa - We were in the same ward in Menlo Park, CA. Alyssa and I spent A LOT of time together living next to the train tracks! I've never had a friend quite like Alyssa! She's VERY witty (just read her blog) and TALL! ;)
Jeff and Tracy - Friends from the Bay Area. Tracy is one of THE most talented women I know! When I think of Tracy, I think of her million dollar smile, bubbly personality and out-going friendly attitude!
Markham and Abby - Friends from the Bay Area. Read their blog. Another AMAZINGLY witty friend. Oh Abby. She can make you crack up with her comebacks and comments! Something I LOOOOVE about their marriage: they call each other "love".
Matt and Darby - Darby is one the MOST talented photographers I know! I have asked this women's advice on so many crafty topics from bows to photography! I loooove her red hair too. I'm a sucker for red heads!
Mike and Sarah - Sarah and I went to high school together. We did Jr. Miss together and were "ski bunnies". Another girl in the "in" crowd that I just admire and adored.
Moore Family - We were in the same ward together. Their sweet daughter was diagnosed with an in-operative brain tumor. I remember when she was first diagnosed. We quickly had more in common and became good friends. Terri is yet another crafty and talented scrapbooker!
Nathan and Kim - Menlo Park Ward buddies! Nathan was our home teacher. Kim is HILARIOUS! I must love funny people! Another women who keeps completely sane (or so it seems to the outside world) while raising a house full of kiddos!
Peterson Family - I grew up with Jaime. Can you say contagious smile??!! This girl always had a smile on her face! We used to pass notes back and forth!
Ricky and Kristi - Here's how small the world is: we were in the same ward AND Ricky grew up with CB! Crazy! Kristi and I are more like sisters than friends! She's probably THE ONE friend I have who has enough nerve to tell me EXACTLY how she feels! I looove her confidence, beauty and personality! She's the whole package! Ricky and Kristi's marriage is definitely one I'd like to emulate.
Spencer and Sarah - I grew up with Sarah. We ran x-country together where I gave her the nick name of Turbo. Sarah's one cool chick! She's so positive and fun to be around. I don't know one person who can say a negative thing about her!
Tim and Agnes - I grew up with Agnes! She's soooo much fun to be around! Another smile that makes you just want to smile! She's funny, stylish and has THE kindest heart!
Thanks to all of you who love and support me!! I am soo thankful for all of you and what you mean to me in my life. There's so much more I could say about each of you and how much I love you -
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yippiee i'm the first to comment! :)
I LOVE you too!
Jen, you are such an amazing gal, your zeal and zest for life and love and just good time fun always lifts me up!
Give those cutie pie kiddos a hug from us.
Thanks! You are the best! You are too kind. Love the pics and slide show.
Your such a awesome girl! Sorry we missed all the fun last saturday, it looked like you guy's had a blast. We'll have to try again after we have the baby. Only 8 more days, I can hardly wait! You guy's will have to come out and visit. Keep up the blog, I love it!
Post a Comment