Here is a picture of my new hair do. Not sure why I decided TODAY was the day to take silly pictures of myself ... not feeling all that cute today! :)
ADDI -
Addi has been having a hard time being dropped off at KinderCare. She cries and throws temper tantrums like no other. I feel like the world's WORST mommy leaving her as she's crying, "Mommy, I'm going to miss you". Not sure why she has started this new trend, but it ends in me crying on my way to work and then once I get into work. I've been so super stressed about this. Well last night when I went to pick her up, she and Isabella were the last two there. Isabella also cries when her mommy leaves and I can tell it effects her like it does me. I told the girls, "I have a deal for you two. Tomorrow morning when me and your mommy leave for work, if you feel like you have to cry then either go in a corner and cry together or give each other hugs and keep each other company while the other one is sad. Can we try that tomorrow morning?" Both girls agreed it was something they could try. Gave each other high fives and said, "See you tomorrow". This morning as I'm sitting on the carpet with Addi and her friend Emmalee, Addi starts getting weepy when I tell her "5 more minutes, then I have to leave". THANK GOODNESS, right then, Isabella and her mommy arrive. I told the other mommy about the deal I had made with the girls. She said, "I can't thank you enough. It makes me sick to my stomach leaving Isabella when she's crying like she does." We told the girls goodbye and to hold each other if they were sad. Sure enough, they decided to give each other hugs. As this other mommy and I left the building, we peaked in through the windows from the parking lot. Addi and Isabella were holding hands at breakfast with SMILES on their faces. She thanked me again and off to work I went, HAPPIER THAN I'VE EVER BEEN! What a huge difference it has made on my day!
LOGAN -
When I picked him up last night, he immediately ran into my arms, asked to be held and had his head buried into my neck. He didn't even say goodbye to any of his friends. I knew something was wrong. When we got in the car he said he got put on the wall ... again. The first time was a few weeks ago when he and some friends were making a human pyramid during PE. Yesterday he and his friends went into the cafeteria and got some plastic gloves, filled them up with water and made water balloons. I'm trying not to laugh as he's telling me this story. I asked him why he did it. He said, "Because all my friends were doing it. If I knew I was going to get put in time out, I would't have done it." I explained to him that even though you don't know the consequence to an action, if you KNOW it's wrong, you shouldn't do it. He agreed. He said, "What do I do then when all my friends are doing something I know is wrong and they ask me to join in?" I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with my SIX YEAR OLD!!! I said, "Tell them no thanks, walk away and go do something else." Part of me is soooo excited Logan's finally acting like a boy. For those of you who know him, he's such a "by-the-book" kiddo and NEVER breaks rules. In fact, he thought he forgot his folder at home so he wrote his teacher a note that said, "Please don't be mad at me for forgetting my folder at home".
Tonight I am going to attempt my first time at yoga! A little nervous - not sure why - I've heard it's super fun and relaxing.
Tomorrow I am going to visit Kristi at lunch to see sweet baby Averi. Soooo excited!
ADDI -
Addi has been having a hard time being dropped off at KinderCare. She cries and throws temper tantrums like no other. I feel like the world's WORST mommy leaving her as she's crying, "Mommy, I'm going to miss you". Not sure why she has started this new trend, but it ends in me crying on my way to work and then once I get into work. I've been so super stressed about this. Well last night when I went to pick her up, she and Isabella were the last two there. Isabella also cries when her mommy leaves and I can tell it effects her like it does me. I told the girls, "I have a deal for you two. Tomorrow morning when me and your mommy leave for work, if you feel like you have to cry then either go in a corner and cry together or give each other hugs and keep each other company while the other one is sad. Can we try that tomorrow morning?" Both girls agreed it was something they could try. Gave each other high fives and said, "See you tomorrow". This morning as I'm sitting on the carpet with Addi and her friend Emmalee, Addi starts getting weepy when I tell her "5 more minutes, then I have to leave". THANK GOODNESS, right then, Isabella and her mommy arrive. I told the other mommy about the deal I had made with the girls. She said, "I can't thank you enough. It makes me sick to my stomach leaving Isabella when she's crying like she does." We told the girls goodbye and to hold each other if they were sad. Sure enough, they decided to give each other hugs. As this other mommy and I left the building, we peaked in through the windows from the parking lot. Addi and Isabella were holding hands at breakfast with SMILES on their faces. She thanked me again and off to work I went, HAPPIER THAN I'VE EVER BEEN! What a huge difference it has made on my day!
LOGAN -
When I picked him up last night, he immediately ran into my arms, asked to be held and had his head buried into my neck. He didn't even say goodbye to any of his friends. I knew something was wrong. When we got in the car he said he got put on the wall ... again. The first time was a few weeks ago when he and some friends were making a human pyramid during PE. Yesterday he and his friends went into the cafeteria and got some plastic gloves, filled them up with water and made water balloons. I'm trying not to laugh as he's telling me this story. I asked him why he did it. He said, "Because all my friends were doing it. If I knew I was going to get put in time out, I would't have done it." I explained to him that even though you don't know the consequence to an action, if you KNOW it's wrong, you shouldn't do it. He agreed. He said, "What do I do then when all my friends are doing something I know is wrong and they ask me to join in?" I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with my SIX YEAR OLD!!! I said, "Tell them no thanks, walk away and go do something else." Part of me is soooo excited Logan's finally acting like a boy. For those of you who know him, he's such a "by-the-book" kiddo and NEVER breaks rules. In fact, he thought he forgot his folder at home so he wrote his teacher a note that said, "Please don't be mad at me for forgetting my folder at home".
Tonight I am going to attempt my first time at yoga! A little nervous - not sure why - I've heard it's super fun and relaxing.
Tomorrow I am going to visit Kristi at lunch to see sweet baby Averi. Soooo excited!
4 comments:
Love the doo, super cute!
Glad Addie worked out a buddy system, i'm sure that is hard on you as more than likely 2 mins out the door she is happy as a lark.
Logan, too funny.
That's the Jenn I know! So cute!
Your hair looks CUTE! I love it! You have great taste!
Jenn I love the new do...cute!
Post a Comment