CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

never doubt your good friends

At the Allen Family Christmas Party this past weekend, CB comes up to me - his face BRIGHT red - and shows me his phone. On his phone is last year's Christmas picture (when I was married) and 4 pictures of Logan and Addi. The pictures were made into a card that said, "Happy Holidays .... Love, The Allen's". Now my face was red. I was embarrassed, shocked and upset! How was I to explain this? A picture of me and my ex-husband with my current boyfriends last name as our "family" name!? There were lots of questions asked. Mind you, I'm still meeting all of CB's family. Everyone knows we will be getting married at some point. It's not the way I want to start my life in this family.

Danelle, CB's sister-in-law, was looking online for Christmas card ideas. She happened to stumble upon this Christmas card and was SHOCKED to see "The Schlegel Family" listed as "The Allen's". She then forwarded it to CB.

I have two girlfriends who work for scrap booking companies and who are photographers. One of them took these photos last year. I forwarded them the link and rudely asked why. I was upset. I brewed about it all weekend and wondered why these girls who I've known for years would do something like this.
After some digging and contacting the company who posted this "Christmas card", it turns out these photos were pirated off a smugmug account I had a loooooong time ago! How the Allen's name was used?? It's got to be a 1 in 1 million chance that they chose Allen as the last name.

Note to self:
Don't be so quick to judge your friends!!
My poor friends B & E: I'm sooooo sorry for pointing the finger and assuming the worst! I have learned a H U G E lesson to never doubt your good friends. Please forgive me!!

Warning to all you out there:

Don't post pictures you don't want to show up ALL over the internet!

0 comments: