Today is picture day at school for Logan. His hair is getting so long, so his "fro-hawk" (what he calls it) is getting so tall. He's loving it and looks VERY handsome, I might add! So, I drop him off at the before school program he goes to and the teachers there (who are 17-18 years old) made a fuss over him; telling him how cool he looks and how he's the most stylish kid in school THEN the "coolest" councilor, Mr. Chad, tells me how he hopes his son will look just like Logan and how when he gets married and has kids, he will dress them like I dress Logan and Addi! I took that as a huge compliment!
So, my next stop - Addi's school. We start our drive and she's super quiet. I look back and she has tears in her eyes. I ask her why she's crying and she says, "I miss you and I want to stay at home with you all day like I used to" and right then THIS song comes on the radio. OF COURSE IT DOES!!!!! Heavenly Father knows I am a softy and will cry at just about anything (including Hallmark commercials). I guess I needed a good cry today! I was so touched!! I live for my kiddos and just to know how much they love me and want to be with makes me happier than anything!!
I love being a mommy and it makes me so thankful for my own mom! I found myself texting her this weekend, during my alone time and wishing I was shopping with her - just running errands and having some girl chat! Thanks Mom for being the Mom and friend you are!! I'll always need you!
On a funnier note: I bought Addi a few cami's to go under some sheerer tops she has. I picked up a few Mossimo tanks at Target (they are a little bit longer in length). Well, Addi is between a XS - S. They already put a shelf bra in at that size!! So, we put it on her this morning and she's asking what it is. I tell her a bra. She says, "But Mom, I don't have chi-chi's yet". We call them chi-chi's. Yeah, not sure why, but we do. How do you explain a bra to a 4 year old??!!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
thankful to be a mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment